There come times when everything around you is so disturbing. Everyone seems your enemy. Everyone is getting on your nerves. What can you do for yourself at these troublesome times in your life? Do not worry. Here is a set of 10 golden rules.
1. Ring the neighbor’s doorbell and run! Fast!
2. Stand in middle of a road, look up and yell, “Asteroids!” and run!
3. Sit in front of a mirror and make faces.
4. Sing your own opera style song.
5. Do the dance. Choreograph something solely for you.
6. Apply a face pack and go on a walk.
7. Follow someone in a mart and keep emptying their trolley, until they notice, off course. Run the second they know.
8. Paint a park bench and let people join you to sit. The moment they sit. Run!
9. Most of the methods involve ‘running’, so you can just go out, look at someone’s face, stare, keep staring and run fast yelling, “Zombie Attack!”
It is not something very unfamiliar to all of the mankind. We know how it feels when you do not breathe well and your respiratory tract play strange sounds. Flu is not only a condition with runny nose, sneezing, dizziness etc. It has another phase attached to it; When you get flu your world turns upside-down and just no one understands. Suddenly all the world become your enemy and you become the lonliest person alive. People think that you have become a drama-queen/king without realizing how disturbing the shortage of toilet paper could be! When all you could think of is rest, no one understands why you suddenly start hating the pegion cooing on your wall. Why you just do not want to watch TV and why you hate the news-caster with a fake prefessional smile and the lady bating eye-lashes on another channel.
Your mind stops working in present and starts recalling the painful past. You suddenly remmeber the back-bencher who you once had a fight with in school and the fire of revenge flames up. Although, you do not know where that person is, but you want your seat back!
In short, flu can make you stop writing a post abruptly.
We all at some point in time come across some toxic people. The harm these people cause is unbearable most of the times and cutting off all the ties is no doubt, the perfect solution. But what about toxic family members? We live with them. We have shared a huge part of life with them. Siblings, spouse or a parent, you cannot simply push them out of your life. What should be done if you are a victim of such a poisonous relationship?
Here we will discuss some very important and powerful tactics and strategies regarding this situation.
The best solution is cutting of all ties. Yes, even if they are family members, they are toxic. No one has a right to control you, irritate you and make your life a living hell. But a fact is ; not everyone can afford a separate accommodation, So, what can be done if you have to live under the same roof.
1. Do not argue with them. Arguments make them feel that they are getting power over you.
2. My mother used to tell me that she never cried in front of my father. Later, I read it somewhere that the victim of such people should never show any weakness in front of them and most importantly they should not cry as it symbolizes weakness. They want to crush you down. Don’t make them think that they have achieved what they wanted.
3. For your own betterment and peace of mind you should forgive them but do not trust them again. Know, they are not your well-wishers. Do not hope or ask them for any emotional support. They will come out to be emotional abusers.
4. Practice meditation. Exercise and take care of your health. Such tension within a family cause so much harm to your mental peace and ultimately to your physical health.
5. You can control your reactions to what they are doing but you cannot control them. Such people love to annoy their victim by every means they love to harm. They love to spread rumors and discussing your personal life with others revealing your secrets. Being your family, they have advantage of knowing about your life the most. In such situations what should you do? The answer is ‘nothing’. You cannot take revenge by doing the same to them. You cannot go to everyone and clarify things. Just stay quiet and go on with your life. If someone tells you something they are saying to people, stay calm and act mature.
6. You cannot live separately. You are not financially strong enough to live in another house or something. You cannot just change your city or country. The best you can do here is to minimize the contact. How? Do not eat together with them. Do not watch TV with them. Do not go out with them. In short, act as if they are not living with you.
7. Engage in yourself. Make yourself happy. Go shopping, go fishing, go riding; do whatever you love to do.
8. Do not put off what you wanted to do with your life. Make your decisions fearlessly,
9. A very powerful tool that these negative people use is ‘guilt’. They make you feel guilty about things. For example, your sibling can trap you in situations where it appears to you that you are mean or selfish. Your abusive parent can make you think that you are the disrespectful or disobedient brat so you deserve such a reaction from them. Don’t fall into this trap. Tell yourself that you have not done anything bad. No one has the right to control you and make you feel guilty or bad about yourself. No one has the right to de-value your self-worth or hurt your self esteem.
We are more than 7 billion people on earth, with more than 7 billion different life stories. Don’t waste your time mourning over the bad behavior of one person. Go on with your life. Stay blessed.